Garage door tracks are responsible for making garage doors open and close smoothly and seamlessly. While bent garage door tracks are a common problem for homeowners, the solution is not always straightforward and should be left to a professional. Trust all your garage door repairs to Superior Garage Doors, serving Almont, Shelby Township, Sterling Heights, and the surrounding areas.
Causes of Bent Garage Door Tracks
Garage door tracks are the metal pieces that are attached to the sides of your garage doors. The tracks allow the door to open and close easily. Most tracks are suspended and attached to the ceiling of the garage.
There are many possible causes of your bent garage door tracks. Here are the most likely culprits:
- Daily wear and tear: Simply using your garage door every day will wear out the tracks and other working parts.
- Unbalanced door: When a garage door is not properly balanced and there is more weight on one track than the other, the track is more likely to bend under the excess weight.
- Worn out garage door opener: If a garage door is not functioning properly, it can pull to one side. This imperfect operation can damage the tracks.
- The elements: Over time, precipitation, wind, dirt, and cold temperatures can lead to rusted garage door tracks. When the metal is rusted, there will be friction on every opening and closing, which can shift the tracks.
- Poor lubrication: The garage door tracks need adequate lubrication to avoid friction, rubbing, and excessive wear, otherwise the tracks are at risk of bending.
- Collision: If something runs into your garage door, whether a vehicle, lawnmower, or other heavy object, it can damage any part of your garage door mechanism, including the tracks.
How to Repair Bent Garage Door Tracks
The easiest and wisest answer for how to repair bent garage door tracks is this: Call a professional garage service repair company. It may seem like you could simply smooth out those tracks with the right kind of tools and motivation, and you can undoubtedly find how-to videos online, but every garage door repair should be entrusted to an expert.
A bent or misaligned garage door track is a problem itself, but it can also lead to other damage, and demand the need for bigger repairs. For example, if bent garage door tracks aren’t addressed quickly, the door’s rollers may also bend or break, causing a garage door malfunction.
Replacing the garage door tracks or rollers delivers a smooth, quiet door movement, and eliminates the likelihood of other complications developing. Garage door problems are not the kind of do-it-yourself repairs that any professional encourages. Garage doors are heavy and dangerous – without proper knowledge of the problem and solution, disaster could occur, leading to injury or a severely damaged garage door.
Professional Repair for Off-Track Garage Door in Shelby Township, Michigan
The professional garage door repair technicians at Superior Garage Doors in Shelby Township understand the frustration that a damaged garage door can create. You just need to get in and get out of your garage and you don’t want to deal with the inconvenience of a door that doesn’t work.
Superior Garage Doors technicians repair all brands of garage doors. If you have bent garage door tracks or any problems with your garage door, get expert eyes and hands on the situation as soon as possible. Contact us today to schedule your estimate, service call, or routine maintenance.